What is Queen Elizabeth II’s net worth? This is how much she earns

0


The Royal Family are, well, super rich (and it doesn’t take too many episodes of The crown to confirm). From sleek tiaras to large wardrobes, there is no end to the number of perks a member of the royal family can receive. And the properties? Castles, estates and more fill the wallets of the British Royal Family.

But what about Queen Elizabeth herself? It turns out that the reigning 95-year-old monarch actually has some pretty significant net worth. And yes, she is paid to rule.

Here’s everything you need to know about the Queen’s considerable fortune:

The queen owns a lot of expensive properties.

Much of the Queen’s wealth comes from properties she owns, like the $ 140 million Balmoral Castle and the $ 65 million Sandringham House. It also owns marine lands all over the UK, as well as a few farms, according to Reader’s Digest. The Queen inherited all of her estates from her father (King George VI, for anyone familiar with their royal history!).

Balmoral Castle, one of the many residences of the royal family.

Andrew Milligan – PA ImagesGetty Images

However, the Queen does not own Buckingham Palace. It is technically in the domain of the Crown, but, of course, they let her use it whenever she wants.

Queen Elizabeth has also collected and inherited tons of valuables over the years.

The Queen also has many impressive artifacts and knickknacks. She inherited from her grandfather one of the largest collections of stamps in the world. It is valued at around $ 134 million, according to The sun, and some of the stamps alone are worth over $ 2 million.

She also inherited most of her mother’s property, the whole of $ 94 million, according to the BBC. From porcelain to horses to a whole collection of Fabergé eggs, the list of objects the queen has added to her assets is quite long.

She is also the proud owner of numerous private collections of furniture and jewelry, for Reader’s Digest. And that includes the dozens of tiaras that the ladies of the royal family wear for weddings and other major events. The Queen’s own coronation insignia contains a stone so massive that it even has its own name: the Cullinan II diamond weighs 317 carats, according to Vogue Australia.

On top of that, there are works of art, investments and more. The Queen’s personal assets total approximately $ 500 million, per Forbes-not too bad.

And yes, the queen is paid to rule.

Just as the president gets paid, so does Queen Elizabeth (sort of). She receives an allowance from the government every year, according to Reader’s Digest, and the money is tied to his position. The allowance includes taxpayers’ money and the Duchy of Lancaster, another collection of commercial properties that help fund the Queen’s private income. These houses, however, do not form part of the domain of the Crown.

Her allowance is called the Sovereign Grant, and it is paid to the Queen each spring. Oh, and it’s no small amount: the most recent grant totaled $ 120 million, per Forbes. 25% (or roughly $ 30 million) goes to the Royal Family, while the remaining 75% (or $ 90 million) goes to the British Treasury.

But there are rumors that the Queen could be worth even more.

Recently, an explosive report of The Guardian argued that the Queen “successfully pressured the government to amend a bill to hide its ’embarrassing’ private wealth from the public” in the 1970s. The law would have “placed a veil of secrecy on the queen’s holdings and private investments until at least 2011 ”.

However, not everyone agrees that this really happened. A spokeswoman for Buckingham Palace rejected the idea, saying “any claim that the ruler has blocked legislation is simply incorrect”. Interesting.

Give it to me directly: how much is the queen really worth?

Queen Elizabeth’s net worth stands at $ 600 million, according to Reader’s Digest. If that sounds huge, that’s because it is. The Queen’s fortune is exactly double that of Paris Hilton, even though she is still not a billionaire, like Rihanna.

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and uploaded to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and other similar content on piano.io


Share.

Comments are closed.