Football is undoubtedly one of the most popular sports in the world and brings with it the glory and fortune of the players.
Apart from the rights which include the wages and salaries that footballers receive from the club and the country, one of the main sources of income for them is also their sponsorship agreements with major brands and organizations.
Given the popularity of the game, Naija News reports that players can pocket huge sums of money for their role in maintaining the game and that many of them have also started personal businesses that earn them more income.
Based on an analysis of numbers from Celebrity Net Worth, Forbes and The Richest, below is the list of the 20 richest soccer players in the world for 2022, as compiled by Wealthy Gorilla.
The Portuguese striker and Manchester United striker, Cristiano Ronaldo holds the first place followed closely by the former English star, David Beckham with the Argentine striker, Lionel messi occupying the third position.
The roster includes both retired and active players of the round leather game.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo – Net worth: $ 450 million
2. David Beckham – Net worth: $ 450 million
3. Lionel Messi – Net worth: $ 400 million
4. Dave Whelan – Net worth: $ 220 million
5. Alexandre Pato – Net worth: $ 145 million
6. Wayne Rooney – Net worth: $ 145 million
7. Gareth Bale – Net worth: $ 125 million
8. Francesco Totti – Net worth: $ 101.6 million
9. Pelé – Net worth: $ 100 million
10. Eden Hazard – Net worth: $ 100 million
11. Kaka – Net worth: $ 95 million
12. Samuel Eto – Net worth: $ 95 million
13. Didier Drogba – Net worth: $ 90 million
14. Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Net worth: $ 90 million
15. Ronaldinho – Net worth: $ 90 million
16. Andres Iniesta – Net worth: $ 86 million
17. Sergio Ramos – Net worth: $ 80 million
18. Arjen Robben – Net worth: $ 80 million
19. Willian – Net worth: $ 75 million
20. Rio Ferdinand – Net worth: $ 75 million